It’s fall! My heart is singing, the humidity is disappearing, and the leaves are starting to turn orange around Georgetown. Could our neighborhood get any cuter?
“Why, yes. Yes, it can,” said Mother Nature and whoosh! Autumn has arrived in Washington, D.C., and I’m wearing sweaters and sipping on hot tea again. I’m also keeping this post short today… because it’s Friday! Here are FIVE things I’m loving this fall that I think you’ll LOVE, too:
- This Pumpkin Spice Matcha Latte recipe. I know, I know. The PSL is a tad overdone, but I crave pumpkin everything pretty much year-round. When I went in search of a pumpkin-inspired matcha recipe, THIS fit the bill. I love EPIC matcha and adding a pinch of cinnamon and hint of spice is the perfect way to transition my favorite tea from summer to fall. (You can buy your own organic matcha tea here.)
- Fall festivals! With fewer interns (hey, I was there once!) and cooler temperatures (goodbye, District humidity), us locals are strolling about, enjoying the light breeze and change in the air. Two weekends ago, my friends and I went to the Discover Arlington Fitness Festival & Wellness festival. We worked out and sampled healthy treats at almost 20 different booths. That’s where I discovered Nosh, a raw food health bar handmade in Virginia with only the best all-natural ingredients. We also swung by CycleBar Columbia Pike’s booth and Xtend Barre Arlington’s booths. These are great places to workout when you take your workout indoors this fall and winter. (Pstt…. we’re hosting our fall Sweat Pink DMV event at CycleBar Columbia Pike in October. If you love to sweat and live in the DMV, join us!)
- Pumpkin patches and apple farms. When my parents visited last fall, we went to Stribling Orchard. It was a perfect day and I would happily go back, but we might try to venture to the Maryland side this year. If you live in the DMV, this list has you covered for all of your apple-picking needs.
- Dockless bike-sharing. For as little as $1/ride, biking around D.C. is one of the greenest ways to get around Autumn.
- This bucket list featuring 8 trips you’ll want to take this fall. Travel = healthy. Right?
What are your favorite fall things? Thanks for stopping by and happy fall!